Hello BP!

4 Replies

First of all, if you've read this first line, thank you for taking the time to read my post!

A little about me: I have no money, and a minimum wage job. I have a main goal, which some might gawk at, but I am determined to achieve it! I want to make £1 Million sterling in the next five years, through real estate, I have no idea what I am doing, as of 13:22, 05/11/2014, but by tomorrow I would have a bit more knowledge, and the next day more, eventually I will have enough in my head to then get started! 

I am looking for advice really, because knowledge is power, I want someone to point in a direction and say: "walk", and if I have to keep walking until my feet blister to get to that goal I will! 

First of all what is the securist way to invest in property? 

As of now I only know 3 ways:

-Buy-to-let.

-Commercial property (Shops).

-Wholesaling.

I understand that to invest in real estate I will probably have to take out a mortgage and then use it wisely to make profit from 'A' method of real estate income because I don't think there are many dragons den offers around so let the risks be mine!

To get a mortgage I will need to have a good source of income, so my plan is to apply for estate agency jobs until I am accepted, for the purpose of learning the ins and outs of the trade, the legislation, talking the talk and because it's a job with a decent income (atleast compared to mine). I have to get myself a full drivers license to qualify for 99% of these positions and will be investing my wages into this as soon as possible.

Am I heading in the right direction?

Welcome to BP @Cem Sahil  ! I'm not familiar with overseas real estate just yet but the best first step you can make is finding a mentor. I think that is the universal tool in real estate that transcends borders. A local mentor will give you so much insight into how to apply your strategy based upon economic trends in your community and help you navigate how to leave your stamp on the market. Stay focused and write your plan and I believe you can surpass your income mark.

Deb Gee

Thanks for the reply Deborah, so a mentor would be a good start? Is that basically someone who has made wealth from real estate and can advise you on where to start and how to do it? How exactly would I go about looking for one?

Cem S.

Thank you for all the welcomes and replies!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.