Hello BP, I am new to the Forums and Investing

3 Replies

I have bought and in the process of rehabbing a Triplex in San Diego, CA. I got into this deal with my parents. They were looking for a place to retire, and I was sick of paying rent. So we teamed up, (My whole family is in the construction industry) I am doing the physical labor and they are the bank. In a total of two months I have gutted the kitchen of two units and renovated the entire property.

Now the issues come into this. I am 26, so i am often not taken seriously when I work with some of the sub contracting that I am doing. The even bigger issue is that I am learning on the go on how to be a property manager.

I am looking to acquire as much knowledge and experience as quickly as I can, in order to minimize costly mistakes.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you!

Greg

@Greg Kuchan  

Congrats on all that you have accomplished...when it comes to the property management start with the podcast on BP on the page post they highlight the books that the people who are landlording are reading and have learned from. With the sub-contractors if they cant respect you replace them or better yet have their pay attached to a timeline of work.

@Greg Kuchan

Welcome!

Plenty of information on this site to help you out after you get all the starter guides read.  Also if you have specific questions there are many super helpful folks that I am sure would chime in to your requests.

Good luck, never let your age be a factor, and keep up the hard work.

Thank you guys for the positive encouragement and tips. @darnell Kramer @Daniel K Adderly

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.