BP and other Real estate reading

9 Replies

So yesterday in Munich, I find the airport requires your e-mail so they can have all of their groups spam you emails in exchange to use the wifi.  That is when I realized I have no games or anything entertaining to do on my laptop w/o internet.

Maybe I its obvious and I don't get it, but can the BP reading material be saved as PDF or something that can be read offline? Any other ideas about places to gather good reading? I would generally be interested in reading REI, self help/DIY, or ideas books. Not a story person- Thanks!

@Roy N.  @ann Bellamy

@Bruce Williams  

@Steve T.   a little help w the book ideas as well as the never ending sometime populates, sometimes doesn't @ sign

@Pete T.  

I missed your shout-out.  

@Frank Gallinelli's "What Every Real Estate Investor Needs to Know About Cash Flow" would be REI book to have in your library.

Medium greenapartmenthires 1024x1024Roy N., Louer Louer Ltd. | 1.506.471.4126

It's been a while since I did this because internet is widely available where I travel so take it with grain of salt and test it.

I believe you can always print the web page into PDF format to read on your laptop, if you have PDF converter type of software. Yes, it will require a little bit of planning ahead, but I guess you'll have to choose between planning ahead or give out your email address.

Hope that helps!

@Pete T.  

If your in Europe, just pick-up a SIM card for you phone in the airport and use your phone as your hotspot.  Data packages/rates are quite reasonable w/ DT.

Medium greenapartmenthires 1024x1024Roy N., Louer Louer Ltd. | 1.506.471.4126

I use Kindle on my phone, which can sync books with cell phone coverage regardless of wi-fi availability.  This opens you up to every kindle book available on Amazon.  I also download podcasts to listen to at later times.  

Checkout books from the city library for free and bring them with you.  I haven't bought a book in a long time since doing that. 

Thanks all for the responses.  No room for books- I live in a container.  Just looking for ideas for sites when I can get internet access to download books, so I have them all of the time I cant get access- or other things to entertain my brain.

If you have an ipad, I would recommend that app called Goodreader.  While you are "online" you can download all your reading materials to the app which can then be read offline.  The app does a fantastic job in formatting your reading material.

no ipad, just a Toshiba PC laptop

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you