BP and other Real estate reading

9 Replies

So yesterday in Munich, I find the airport requires your e-mail so they can have all of their groups spam you emails in exchange to use the wifi.  That is when I realized I have no games or anything entertaining to do on my laptop w/o internet.

Maybe I its obvious and I don't get it, but can the BP reading material be saved as PDF or something that can be read offline? Any other ideas about places to gather good reading? I would generally be interested in reading REI, self help/DIY, or ideas books. Not a story person- Thanks!

@Roy N.  @ann Bellamy

@Bruce Williams  

@Steve T.   a little help w the book ideas as well as the never ending sometime populates, sometimes doesn't @ sign

@Pete T.  

I missed your shout-out.  

@Frank Gallinelli's "What Every Real Estate Investor Needs to Know About Cash Flow" would be REI book to have in your library.

It's been a while since I did this because internet is widely available where I travel so take it with grain of salt and test it.

I believe you can always print the web page into PDF format to read on your laptop, if you have PDF converter type of software. Yes, it will require a little bit of planning ahead, but I guess you'll have to choose between planning ahead or give out your email address.

Hope that helps!

@Pete T.  

If your in Europe, just pick-up a SIM card for you phone in the airport and use your phone as your hotspot.  Data packages/rates are quite reasonable w/ DT.

I use Kindle on my phone, which can sync books with cell phone coverage regardless of wi-fi availability.  This opens you up to every kindle book available on Amazon.  I also download podcasts to listen to at later times.  

Checkout books from the city library for free and bring them with you.  I haven't bought a book in a long time since doing that. 

Thanks all for the responses.  No room for books- I live in a container.  Just looking for ideas for sites when I can get internet access to download books, so I have them all of the time I cant get access- or other things to entertain my brain.

If you have an ipad, I would recommend that app called Goodreader.  While you are "online" you can download all your reading materials to the app which can then be read offline.  The app does a fantastic job in formatting your reading material.

no ipad, just a Toshiba PC laptop

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here