I just wanted to start a thread to share my experience with Certified Credit Experts http://certifiedcreditexperts.com/ who were suggested by another BP member. My experience is not over but I want to share the experience so far.
I have read over most of the forum posts on credit repair on BP, and I see that a lot of individuals completely disregard the industry as a scam, and give new investors the advice of making payments on time, keeping credit utilization below 50 percent, and all the other ways of maintaining a high credit score.
But some individuals through no fault of their own, have issues that a legitimate credit repair service will be able to resolve in a fraction of the time, as opposed to waiting it out. For myself, I believe credit is king, so the faster path to a great credit score is always the one I will choose.
After a car accident, I had multiple collections posted to my credit profile while waiting for settlement. I currently work with an individual that is based in Las Vegas, and he has done a great job to date, but credit repair is tedious, and time consuming, so in a effort to speed the process I got the recommendation for Certified Credit experts, and this is a summary of my Dealings so far.
1. I filled out a contact form on their website, and I waited.....and waited....and waited. If you are looking for a quick reply, I would not suggested this method of contact.
2. After a week or so of waiting, I made a call to the number listed on the website. The receptionist was very friendly, she asked where I had heard about them from. I let her know I was referred from the BP forum. The specific person that had been referred to was busy, but i was informed the person that would be helping me would be just as helpful, and that this person would be contacting me shortly.
3. After a very short time, I was contacted by the case manager, she was friendly, and told me their company uses the website www.creditchecktotal.com. So i would need to open an account on there, and forward my user name and password to her, so she can perform and evaluation or my credit. I completed this, and forwarded the info.
4. She provided a quote for services, and despite the website touting "Our pricing is based entirely on our performance. Our company motto is “You Don’t Pay Until it Goes Away”With our company you will experience NO upfront fees and NO monthly fees. Certified Credit Experts only charges you for what we get removed"
This was the most important thing to me in my preliminary evaluation of this company before contacting them, because I have found that the reputable companies all share not collecting money up front, and only paying for what is deleted.
To my surprise, she informed me that a "retainer" fee is required, because of the fact that they work with lawyers. Even though that was a surprise, It seems to make sense, if you have ever worked with a lawyer, a retainer is pretty standard.
I informed her, that the gentleman I currently work with was expecting letters back from the agencies, and when those returned I would contact her so that we could move forward.
5. During the span of 2-3 weeks or waiting for replies from the credit agencies, I decided I did not want to just hand over a sizable amount of cash to a company that I have no track record with.I sent an email to the account manager, explaining i would like to use their services, but on just two accounts....and I wait.....and I wait..7 days to be exact. So I place a call to the account manager, and I explain what I had said in the email. I immediately perceive and attitude change, and she begins to lecture me, telling me 2 accounts will not raise my score, and they have a minimum fee of 397.00. Which I did not see mentioned on the website. So in an effort to come to an agreement, I tell her that the minimum fee is fine, and I want her to pick the number of accounts to meet the minimum fee, but that will make the biggest impact to my credit score if deleted, but she continued with her rather rude rant, and lecture.
She could not understand that I wanted to test the services, and seemed to have little interest in anything but getting the maximum "retainer fee" out of me.
I politely informed her, that it was in my best interest to not work with her, and instead of apologizing for her rude behavior, she agreed, and hung up the phone.
6. After the writing of this post, I plan on contacting the company again, and requesting a different case manager, because I really hope that the attitude of the previous one does not reflect the attitude of the entire company. I will be sure to make updates to this post after I contact them again.
To wrap it up, to any new investors out there. There are reputable credit repair companies the will get you to your goal, and in my opinion having a knowledgeable, professional credit repair expert on your team is gold. If anyone is looking for one, I can refer the gentleman I work with. He works alone, so depending on your credit file, it may take some time, but he has always been valuable to me, and only charges a flat fee for what he deletes. PM me for his details if you are interested
Updates coming soon.....
Made a follow up call on 11/25/14, my call was handled very politely by the receptionist. I was told it would be no problem to be assigned another representative, and that a manager would be calling me to speak about my negative experience.
Got a Call back from Kurt, the sales manager. He was not very apologetic over the rudeness of the account manager I had spoke with initially. He defended her, by saying that she is "built for speed", among other things. Since i am not looking to be rushed through the process, I feel she may be a better fit for someone else, and should work on her tact in the future.
Other than that, Kurt was excellent, and spent a great deal of time explaining the ins and outs of my situation, and actually brought up points that I had not even thought about. He seems to be extremely knowledgeable about credit, and he is very friendly. The amount of information he was able to give me in such a short time made my head feel like it was gong to explode lol
Because of his advice, I am going to consult with some legal professionals. I will then decide on my need to utilize Certified Credit Experts.
For now, I feel that Certified credit experts would be a good fit for someone looking to purchase a within 90 days.
I will be sure to post future updates when they occur.
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you
You must be a BiggerPockets member to post on the forums
Join the world's largest, most open Real Estate Investing Community online, 100% free forever!