I would like to make an offer.. now what?

6 Replies

I just looked at a 4br 2.5ba.. needs a little work, but I want to make an offer on it.. how do I go about doing it? This is the first property I've liked enough to make an offer on, LOL

Congratulations on finding a house :) 

I use a realtor for all my transactions. So after I find a house, we look at comparisons and than through an offer out there.

How did you see the house?  If it's listed, I assume you're working with an agent and that agent should be able to make an offer for you.  If it's not listed, I would suggest finding a local RE attorney (or RE agent) to help you.

I joined a wholesaler's mailing list, got an e-mail about this property.  Actual owner is Active Duty military and is stationed elsewhere.  Seller's agent showed the property.

I just looked at it about 90 mins ago.. Liking what I see (and so far, the numbers make sense)

@Dave Gallo  

I would call the agent and tell her you are interested in offering. Do you have a rough number in your head that you are interested.

Originally posted by @Dave Gallo :

I just looked at a 4br 2.5ba.. needs a little work, but I want to make an offer on it.. how do I go about doing it? This is the first property I've liked enough to make an offer on, LOL

If it is a listed property, link up with an agent to submit an offer. If it is FSBO, run some comps so you know what you're willing to offer (pay an agent to provide you with "guess" access to the MLS, or sign up to use Real Quest, etc.), then get with an attorney to help you draft up the offer.

I didn't get this info from your post, but... If you are going to buy and hold, I would suggest you get a cap rate on that property after you run some comps.

I hope things work out for you!

@Elizabeth Colegrove: 

I would call the agent and tell her you are interested in offering. Do you have a rough number in your head that you are interested.

Yes I do have a number in my head.. lol

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.