Probate Data

6 Replies

I have a woman that will be collecting probate data for us and she asked:

"If you will notice that on the back it has the real property amount. Do you only want me to pull records with an amount there?"

So my question is this, I am new to this and wanted to know if the amount is necessary. Could they still have real property and not have an amount listed? How should I answer this questions if I am looking for probate listings with property.

Thanks in advance!

Jeremy -

I would think that the amount tells you the value of the real property that they have put on it.  You are interested in knowing if they have any real property however I am always going to look up the value of the property. So I would jot this amount down to compare with the tax valuation. 

Sharon

Ok, I am trying to get an understanding of how things are listed. So will it always have an amount if there is real property listed?

I agree with you @Sharon Vornholt I would definitely want the amount if its there, I just don't know if all real property will have an amount listed. She is asking if I want her to pull the record only if there is an amount listed but I don't want to miss out on any property if it's possible to have one listed with no amount.

Thanks for your quick reply!

Sometimes it just pays to get it from the horses own lips. Just call the the probate section of the county your working and ask them, Next look up the probate section of the state statutes, most are only line, print it out. 

I think a better question is, 'which records to collect data from?'

If a value is noted in original filing, it is more likely a number plucked from air. It might be useful, however I doubt if relying heavily on it will afford an opportunity if it's too low. Also, it could be a date of death value and more relevant to court than market.

I'd put in in your notes section of your database.

@Rick H. What system do you use to store your database?

We use InfusionSoft 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here