Thoughts on a job related to real estate

4 Replies

I work full time as an assember. I've read on these forums thatbfinding a job related to real estste is another way to learn about the business. Has anyone ever done this job before: http://baltimore.craigslist.org/rej/4785010317.htmlBasically you get paid to take and upload photos of houses. Are there any benefits to taking photos of houses?

@David White  yeah we have those same jobs posted down here to me I would background check the company to make sure its legit....plus you could just ride the neighborhoods yourself just to get a feel of what's going on 

Most of these are attempts to find bird dogs by investors. They may have a specific house to do and pay you some bucks to do it. Most of the time they are having you look for the house to photo and check on, they are having you do their driving 4 dollars that many investors do, so your effort may produce a few bucks or none.

If it is something they want you to do, they provide the house, and the price is right for you fine, consider it a set fee for set work. Many of them are cheapskates, one well know national investor teaches his investors to find bird dogs to find possible deals and comes up with $15 dollars for the lead. Good deal the investor makes 5 to 20 grand and gives you $15 for your time and gas etc.

When I was using bird dogs I paid nothing for leads like this, but if I put a deal together from the lead I gave $500 dollars or 10% of my profit which ever was higher.

Originally posted by @Daniel K Adderly :

@David White yeah we have those same jobs posted down here to me I would background check the company to make sure its legit....plus you could just ride the neighborhoods yourself just to get a feel of what's going on 

I did a background check and the reviews were so so. Looks like I'm going to continue driving for dollars. 

Originally posted by @Brian P. :

Most of these are attempts to find bird dogs by investors. They may have a specific house to do and pay you some bucks to do it. Most of the time they are having you look for the house to photo and check on, they are having you do their driving 4 dollars that many investors do, so your effort may produce a few bucks or none.

If it is something they want you to do, they provide the house, and the price is right for you fine, consider it a set fee for set work. Many of them are cheapskates, one well know national investor teaches his investors to find bird dogs to find possible deals and comes up with $15 dollars for the lead. Good deal the investor makes 5 to 20 grand and gives you $15 for your time and gas etc.

When I was using bird dogs I paid nothing for leads like this, but if I put a deal together from the lead I gave $500 dollars or 10% of my profit which ever was higher.

Thanks for the insight. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here