Canadian Wholesaling/Assignment of Contract...Where to Begin?

4 Replies

Hi BP Members,

How is everyone doing?

I am from Brampton, Ontario, Canada and I want to start investing in real estate using Wholesaling and Assignment of Contract techniques. I have read many books and have gone to many seminars regarding real estate investing in general. Right now, I am knowledgeable in theory but a beginner when it comes to hands-on.

I would love to get some feedback from other investors about experiences and stories, they had using these techniques?

@Account Closed  who is an investor and real estate agent in the GTA has some experience with wholesaling in that market.

Medium greenapartmenthires 1024x1024Roy N., Louer Louer Ltd. | 1.506.471.4126

@Amaika Chib

Welcome to BP!  This site is great and as long as you are willing to invest time in your education and work hard for a long time and also ask a lot of questions questions you are virtually assured of success. 

Three pieces of advice:

1. Start before you are ready. 

2. Learn how to find deals by working for experienced investors for free. 

3. As you work for these experienced investors build up your contact list. 

As you push forward and learn you will see that assignment of contact is no big deal, as long as it is not explicitly forbidden in your promise to purchase you can sell your contract. The only concern is doing it in a way that does not create bad blood between yourself and the original seller.  I prefer the idea of whole tailing (see podcast 71) because it pays better and is less time sensitive. 

Thank you Roy for your feed back. I will get in contact with Gary as well

Thank you William for your feedback. I will get in touch with investors in my area and definitely check out podcast 71

I also did some investing in the US through Tax Liens and Tax Deeds  mainly in Arizona,but If I was thinking of doing wholesaling over in the US as well.

It seems that there are many Canadians who have venture into that territory, what are your thoughts about wholesaling and assigning contracts?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you