Starting Out

6 Replies

So I'm slowly but surely taking all the steps I believe to be important as a new investor getting started. I finally met with a agent to look at houses in the market where I'm looking to invest in. It was really exciting just getting to look at the houses. The houses where not what I was looking for, even though I'm looking to fix and flip. But are there any pre made forms I can fill out to send to a owner/bank to negotiate prices? And can anyone recommend a good hard money lender in the Phoenix area.

Every time you look at a house, you learn about yourself and your investment goals. You get to refine your strategy just a little bit more.

As to forms and hard money lenders: Look under the resources tab, there should be some things you can use there.

Link up with investors in the Phoenix area by going to meetups and REI clubs. This is a great way to network and meet people and get recommendations.

All the best!

Everyone has their own strategy. I know off the mls here the best I can do is 10-20% below market. Make sure you are realistic. The last thing you want to do is waste yours or your agents time. On the other hand, look, have fun! The first time we looked at 30 houses in 2 days for our personal. Now we know are market so I don't even look at the house till we have an accepted offer from the bank.

Thanks for the advice @Wendy Noble  . And thank you @James Wise  I really enjoy this site. It's a amusing experience.  Thank you as well @Templeton Walker  good to see another investor in the same area. What's your view on the market out here in Phoenix/Chandler area? Great advice about 10-20% @Elizabeth Colegrove I will put that into consideration. I'm going to start making offers hopefully real soon so that should help me out. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you