My first step

11 Replies

What Is my very first step with absolutely no experience?

Learn as much as you can.  Search the forums for advice on investments that interest you.

Read the "Bigger Pockets Beginners Guide to Real Estate Investing" book. But first things first you should post in the new introduction thread. 

@Isaac Coley  First off, Welcome to BP! This is a great place for you to start building a foundation and educating yourself on real estate. I wrote a blog on where to start some time back, here it is. Start Here

As was mentioned, start by reading The Beginner's Guide to Investing , listen to some Podcasts and check out some of the Biggerpockets Blogs

Good luck! Have fun and enjoy the site. 

Medium house plansKaren Margrave, Parlay Investments | [email protected] | http://www.parlayinvestments.com | CA Contractor # 680782

Once you've done some (most) of what's been outlined so far, I'd say the next two steps are (1) determine your goals and preferred strategy, and (2) start researching your local market.

This post has been removed.

Listen to as many Podcasts on Bigger Pockets as you can.  I'm new too and thats what I'm doing.   Welcome to BP!

Your first step should be to optimize your budget and spending. This is important because it will allow you to save for your first property.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you