Wholesaling

7 Replies

I'm a 17 year old student who's eager to wholesale, I understand the process but just don't know where to start and barely have any money.

Any tips?

Welcome to the site @Nathaniel Bridgeman  . I must ask if you have read all the threads on BP about wholesaling?  There is a ton of information on how the process works from A-Z and there are also different strategies that can be used. 

To answer your question now you have to market, either by direct mail, driving for dollars, bandit signs etc. All of those methods take money to get started in, maybe not much but it takes money.

Get a part time job, save your money and get your real estate license. During that process keep learning on this site. Or a find a willing investor that could teach/show you their proven methods. 

You will not get anything for free so be prepared to work hard.

It's awesome that you want to start so young. I was the same way and people told me to slow down and take everything in. I just kept moving forward and took action on my passion for real estate. 

Spend a good amount of time reading everything you can here on the site - podcasts, forums, blogs, everything. Be eager to learn everything you can. Get after it and good luck!

Medium screen shot 2018 01 09 at 8.28.05 amChristopher Salazar, Ardmore Capital | [email protected] | 8152630326 | http://arsenalpropertiesllc.com

@Nathaniel Bridgeman  while wholesaling is basic telling people where you live, might help you to find a local person to work with. Welcome to BP btw and if I can help let me know. 

Nathan I am 19 and am wholesaling. Money is abundant. You go to school 35-40 hours a week leaving you plenty of free time.

Get a job working 30 hours a week and make $240 a week. After one month you will have $960 which will be enough for your first month of marketing. 

Let me know if you have any questions man

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you