Specs

9 Replies

Here's some advice, Don't ask a question that you can find out with 30 seconds on google.  

There are two possibilities, depending on the context. One is the more general use that is "specifications" meaning within the guidelines given. Two is what you may see around here some as a "spec build" meaning a speculative build. As in buying a lot or tear down and building a new home with the intention of selling it when done. It is speculative in that you are not building a custom home for a specific buyer, just speculating (obviously based on market analysis) that there are buyers in the area looking for what you're going to provide.

Thanks so much Matt. That was very informative.

@Rasheda Mayse  

@Matt Devincenzo   was correct. Usually on BP when you see us discussing "spec" it is in the context of spec builds. We build spec, new construction ourselves. Meaning it is speculative, and we don't have a buyer lined up ahead of time, etc. Welcome to BP! Don't be afraid to ask any question you want, most people are more than happy to help guide you and educate you. the only way to get answers is to ask the questions! Even those of us with decades of experience have things we don't know, but others do, and ask questions! 

In the meantime, you might want to listen to some of the Podcasts and read

The Ultimate Beginner's Guide

Have fun. There's several member on BP from your area, check out the forum Events and Happenings and see if there are any meetups around. Also, maybe @Kenneth Bell  will say hi. 

@Karen Margrave  

Hey Karen,

Thanks for the mention! I  have been super busy and have not been able to get on much! I will put some updates on for my "spec" builds going on. How are things for you?

Thanks so much Karen for the info and encouragement. That's why I am here to learn.

@Karen Margrave  and @Rasheda Mayse  

Maybe came across to harsh. If so, I'm sincerely sorry. 

Just trying to illustrate a rule that I stick to. Time is EXTREMELY important and should be of utmost value. If you can find out the answer to question with a brief search on the internet you should do that instead of asking it of someone else.

@Taylor Shields  I would like you to take your own advice, look at what you posted, and then follow it.  This is a place of learning, communication, networking. You wasted more of everyones time replying with unhelpful information than just not replying at all.  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.