Frustrated

8 Replies

What would you suggest someone do that is trying to get in the business, but doesn't have the money right now for marketing. I'm currently living check to check and it's hard to put money into anything else other than living. I have been D4D and I'm just looking for a way to get out of my current situation and into what I know I'll succeed at. Any HELPFUL information would be greatly appreciated.

Hey man, I definitly feel your frustration.

We're just about halfway into January, take a look back and think about what you've accomplished. Even if its something as small as breaking out of your comfort zone, that can be a huge step.

Now as far as living check to check, a lot of people are doing that now. Do you have any reliable partners in the area that can co-wholesale with you? If not, make finding a partner a priority partner.

If you go out and do some birddogging, then you should be able to get anywhere from $100-1000 dollars in your pocket. Just gotta be aware that no deal is going to happen overnight, and its going to take weeks to months for you to get that check.

Keep your eye on the prize and set real goals for yourself. I'd make finding that partner your next goal if you don't have one already. Keep me posted how it goes man

@Michael Webster - How do you feel about letting all your family & friends know you're in the game now as a means of drumming up business? In addition, there's a list floating around BP right now with a ton of no-cost lead generation ideas on it; have you seen or tried the list?

Good luck and stay encouraged...

I fully understand the frustration try going to sum local rei meetings or researching zero down home buying methods trust me they are out the and on bp Site itself. How to buy properties with no money. That's where I'm researching now hope this helps.

Attend your local REIC meetings.  You will most likely find what you are looking for there.

Its a REI meeting coming up Tommorow. I'm pretty sure myself and a couple other newbie wholesalers will be there. @Michael Webster  

@Michael Webster  

Welcome. Paid marketing is one way to locate deals. Time to build the foundation below.

Check out the Start Here page http://www.biggerpockets.com/starthere

Check out BiggerPockets Ultimate Beginner's Guide - A fantastic free book that walks through many of the key topics of real estate investing.

Check out the free BiggerPockets Podcast - A weekly podcast with interviews and a ton of great advice. And you get the benefit of having over 100 past ones to catch up on.

Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses,The Book on Estimating ReHab Costshttp://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and all the cash buyers (rehabbers) you will need.

Good read The Real Estate Agent's Ultimate Guide to Working with Investors

http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2013/08/24/real-estate-agents-working-with-investors/

You might consider Niche or Specialized Housing like student housing. Rents can be 2-4 times more. Remember you don't have to own a property to control it.

Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

Good luck

Paul

Thanks everyone for your positive feedback. I will be looking into all your advice to move forward!!

@Cass R. Smith  I'll be there tomorrow for sure!!

There are so many things you could do.  I had to stop mailings for a while because of my budget so I just started calling FSBOs and D4D. You could also get some cards from VIstaPrint and hand them suckers out to everyone you come across. One guy I know who is pretty successful right now started off by Door Knocking. He would find the neighborhood he wanted to do business in and went door to door ( I don't think that was for wholesaling though) There is nothing face to face talking. you don't need tons of money to find sellers, 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you