Where to find Real Estate clubs

9 Replies

Hi everyone. Being new to investing I read a lot of recommendations about joining REIAs. I love to get out an network and want to find a few clubs to join but I'm not sure how to find a club that is worthwhile. I have done some googling and found a few on meetup.com but how do I know if these clubs are legitimate? I want something like biggerpockets where there isn't always some pitch to buy a "system" or just a bunch of sharks looking for their next meal. So far every club I have found has red flags in their descriptions and they all seem to require membership to attend. I'd like to be able to check it out before committing money. What did everyone else do to find a reputable organization? Am I just being paranoid about hyped up language that I'm reading? The New Yorker in me is having a hard time not being skeptical about people's intentions. Thanks for any help!

The easiest way to find them is to use google.  I typed in "real estate investor clubs in st. louis" and they all pop up.  

you can go to the national reia site for a listing of clubs that are members

Thanks @Ryan Billingsley . Did you find that the clubs were legitimate clubs? I'm having a hard time determining if the ones I found via google are worthwhile or just an expensive sales pitch. It looks like a few that I found through google are also listed here so I'll assume I'm not going to end up in a guru's pitch with those. 

I would also look at meetup.com as well. 

You can go to meetup and search for real estate clubs. I like the SSIC, it is a great place to start.

when i googled "real estate investors clubs in st. louis" the #1 choice was south side investors club which is the biggest and most popular in the st. louis area.  So I do trust the results.

I would also say that reaching out to members in your area using the "network" button on the top is a great way to find the "good" clubs. Just ask them if they go to any local meet ups. One of the features that is nice with a pro account is you can see who has viewed your profile/info and reach out to them. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.