Votes
Nathan Buss
  • Columbia, IL
Votes |
Misinformation in ads

Nathan Buss
  • Columbia, IL
Posted Jan 30 2015, 22:35

I don't really have a question more of just starting a discussion that brings some sense of reality on how real estate agents posts ads. I have been looking at a property that just seemed golden for the past couple months. The price was right, it met all the "rules" and every picture of this property just looked pristine and beautiful. It finally went down in price 5,000 dollars and I just had to bite even though its a duplex and I am looking for a quad. Heres where things get pretty crazy. In the ad on trulia it states "This is a great cash flowing investment property. All the work has been done!" I'm getting pretty excited about this property and I am immediately let down with an initial response after an inquiry to the real estate agent that states "The property does need some work. are you open to that?" All sorts of things are running through my head. Is this guy really for real? He is supposed to be a professional real estate agent and blatantly contradicts himself from the ad vs. what he has said in the email. What gives? Is this a real estate tactic to get people to bite on properties or am I just making a bigger deal out of this than it actually is and has anyone else had similar misleading situations? 

Loading replies...