Forming an LLC

4 Replies

Hello fellow investors! I'm looking to take the next step (should have been my first) in my real estate investing career! In order to have business card to hand out I need to form a plan. Business name, logo, website, and so on. Would you recommend talking to an attorney to help set up an LLC or can I do it online just as easily?

You can do it online and is fairly easy.  Your worried about your business name, website and plan, etc....  What are you planning on doing actually?  Just curious.  It sounds like your going to be a turnkey provider with everything you have mentioned. 

Curt Davis, Real Estate Agent in TN (#00321765)
605-310-7929

Hey @Kyle Grimm , welcome to BP. I think you are premature in forming an LLC. Do not get caught up in the hype. Until you get your first deal under your belt I would recommend learning all you can on your area of interest, then learning your local market, then buying your first place. An LLC is important after you get going not before, in most cases. Get a lot of insurance your first deal. As to forming your first LLC they are easy to form, but harder to keep them legal so they help. You might look some old threads here on it. It is very important to keep the corporate formalities up or they are useless. You will probably have to personally guaranty your loans anyway. Your first step is to Learn, then go from there. Good Luck

@Kyle Grimm , welcome to BP. Your profile shows that you have done a few deals and you have started earlier in life than most investors. Excellent. Your question shows you have put some thought into making it look like you are in business. You have bought property without the LLC, logo, etc. and know you don't need them. Figure out what you want to do and the rest of it may fall into place. Your business structure should reflect the business you are actually doing.

This post has been removed.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.