18 year old Beginner from Orlando!

6 Replies

Hello everyone,
My name is Julian Jackson and I'm very excited to dive into into the world of Real Estate.

I have been doing plenty of research on this website along with the podcasts and I'd like to know, how can someone at the age of 18 become established in Real Estate? I have been studying No money down deals for a stepping stone because I do not have access to a ton of money. I have been considering paying for a local class to study and obtain my Real Estate License, opinions on that?

Any advice on where to begin and where I could look for mentors would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to meeting everyone!

Welcome @Julian Jackson  and congratulations on starting so young.  I know several successful investors who have a real estate license and depending on your approach this may be a good idea.  However, in my own career I frequently wish I had a greater knowledge of finance and construction.  A real estate license may be a huge asset to you but in the hypothetical world where I had a time machine and could roll the clock back to age 18 I would get a job working in the trades rather than in retail and I would study finance rather than sociology.  That being said the beautiful thing about real estate is there is no one way to succeed or to make a deal in this industry.  You can find successful people who deal in high rise buildings as well as raw land so your instincts may serve you quite well.

Hi Jason, welcome to BP.

You will find tons of free information on this website as well as experience people willing to help you starting up on this business.

Read as much as you can and learn from other's ppl experience on the forums.

I'm also 18! Best of luck man. 

@Julian Jackson

Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and all the cash buyers (rehabbers) you will need.

You might consider Niche or Specialized Housing like student housing. Rents can be 2-4 times more. Remember you don't have to own a property to control it. Orlando is in the top 10 for student housing.

Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

Good luck

Paul

Thanks everyone! It's great to have a large community of supporters

Definitely get involved in the local REIA (CFRI.net). I wish I had the smarts to begin at 18! You are already way ahead of the game.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.