What's Your Title?

10 Replies

I am ordering business cards, and am unsure what to put for my job title.  I would prefer that it not be obvious that I am the owner of the business.  Manager, perhaps?  "Agent" came to mind, but since I'm not a licensed realtor, I think it might not be a good idea to call myself that.  What do you use for a job title?

What type of business are you offering? What is your niche? Wholesaler, Fix and Flipper, Realtor, Investor, Lender...etc 

@Kyle Gregg  , my husband I are buy and hold investors, so we would use the cards with lenders, sellers, and with potential tenants, among others.

"Buy & hold investor" seems to be fine. People in the industry know exactly what that means.

I went to a real estate meet up and they had name tags that said "hello my name is ......and I am a buy and hold investor" 

I like big titles in order to establish credibility.  I like President, CEO, Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer.  Sounds good and establishes credibility and should help you with you mind set.

@Leigh Ann Smith   the image you might want to present to a lender is likely different that that you present to Sellers and Tenants. It is probably good that your card tells the lender you are the owner, bad if the card tells the tenant that.

Nothing wrong with the point of view of @John Myers but I don't use a title at all. I think I come across as pretty credible. I don't think a title is going to change that much. 

Interesting perspective, @Ned Carey  .  I think for business card purposes, this will likely be our strategy, though we might use other more distinguished titles if there is a specific reason to do that. I would expect far more cards to go to prospective sellers and tenants than to anyone I'd want to impress.  

Originally posted by @Leigh Ann Smith :

, though we might use other more distinguished titles if there is a specific reason to do that.

If you print your own cards, easy to do with today's technology, you could change your title just to print a few cards for a banker meeting. 

I would expect far more cards to go to prospective sellers and tenants than to anyone I'd want to impress. 

Agreed, and it is my experience that dealing with the general public, you are better off saying "I am an average Joe Schmo" than to say "I am a smart rich company owner"

Monopoly Manager

On my cards, I have no title. My cards just has my company name, website, and what we do:

"We build, buy, sell, rent homes and apartments"

Karl James

Buying / Selling

Vacant Lots / Acreage

+Google Ph #, e-mail, website

carpenter, garbage collector, painter, social worker, counselor, plumber.....just depends on the name. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.