Help needed

7 Replies

I'm new to BP attended webinar last night. I'm in the Philadelphia area looking for some assistance. Someone to help me get started. I'm even willing to do volunteer work to get started.

Originally posted by @Miguel Olmeda :

I'm new to BP attended webinar last night. I'm in the Philadelphia area looking for some assistance. Someone to help me get started. I'm even willing to do volunteer work to get started.

Hey Miguel, 

Welcome to BP! A webinar is a great start, have you read through all the beginners guides BP offers? I know you're chomping at the bit to get started but a little education will go a long way. If you're passionate about REI, you'll be successful, no doubt. Passion and perseverance trump all but education certainly helps. What are your goals? What area(s) of REI are you interested in? Experience? The more we know about what you're after, the more we can help. Lastly, have you been to any meetups? They're a great place to network and learn.

Hey Troy: When I say I'm new to this I'm new like a week old just doing some reading attending some seminars.  I want to do this the right way from the start. But I'm having trouble on where to start. My starting place right now is reading. I don't know how to locate Meetups. I'm newly on to this I know what I want to do its a matter on how to do it.

Hi Miguel,

Welcome to the site and REI. I'm from the Philly suburbs and started my education by attending the local REIA- Diversified Investor Group (DIG). Check them out- digonline.org. It's a great place to learn and network. Good luck

Thank you Jeff, I will look them up right now. If you don't mind me asking what type of properties do you focus your RIE on?

Originally posted by @Miguel Olmeda :

Hey Troy: When I say I'm new to this I'm new like a week old just doing some reading attending some seminars.  I want to do this the right way from the start. But I'm having trouble on where to start. My starting place right now is reading. I don't know how to locate Meetups. I'm newly on to this I know what I want to do its a matter on how to do it.

Miguel, to "tag" someone so they'll get a notification that you mentioned them, type the "@" symbol, then the first three letters in their name. Their full name will pop up below the window you're typing in and you can click on their name, it'll then insert and be highlighted blue.

As mentioned, DIG is great and there are other local meetups too. If you don't know what you want to do, it's tough to know where to start. I'd use the "search the site" bar up in the top right to research topics that interest you, read blogs and articles and generally just spend some time on the forums. Connect with people online and in person. I know I've been involved in REI investing off and on for years and still flounder. Take your time figuring out your next steps, it'll be worth it.

@troy s. I looked up digonline.org and plan on attending a March meeting. To see what I can learn. Honestly I have lil. money but no my passion and desire to make this work will take me far. At 41 single and no kids at home I plan on putting as much time as I can into this. 

We primarily focus on buy & hold properties in Phoenixville and the surrounding areas. The majority of our properties are single family with a couple of multi's mixed in.  As @Troy S. said, there is a ton information available for every niche you can think of. Take your time to determine what strategy best fits with your goals and be realistic about the amount of time you will be able to dedicate towards building your business.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.