Finding Buy and Hold Deals in Missouri

5 Replies

Hello All.  

My name is Bill and I'm new to the real estate investing world.  Real Estate has always interested me and I'm finally ready to jump in and start investing.

I'm primarily interested in buy and hold investing.  My issue has been finding the right deal. 

I have been using realtor.com and zillow to look for properties.  I know these are ok places to start, but I know there must be better ways to find GREAT deals in my area.

In what ways do you find a great buy and hold deal? 

Thanks!

Bill

drive around, look for vacant distressed properties. Contact the owner, get a real deal.

Make friends with the loan officers at any small local banks in your area. Ours always lets us know when they "may" have a house coming up for sale.

drive around looking for vacant, check tax assessors Ofc see who owns it.  Try creative  financing such as no or low money down with them, where they are " bank". Better tax wise for them. Also look for props on Craigslist.  

A couple of other options you could try: 1) Find an investor friendly realtor and ask them

to set you up on an email drip for Foreclosures, REO's, Gov't owned properties so you can start reviewing those daily/weekly.

2.) If you have a local REI group attend that or ask around for wholesalers in your area and let them know what you are looking for. They will most likely have some properties for you to look at, but do your own due diligence before you buy.

Here is info that you might find useful. I found it on BP a little while ago. Hope this will give you some more ideas/options:

Where to Find Real Estate Investments

1. Newspaper

While quickly fading from use, the classified section of your local newspaper is a good place to look for homes that are "For Sale by Owner." Oftentimes, real estate agents will also put their listings in the newspaper, so it can be a bit challenging to determine what is listed on the MLS and what is not.

2. Craigslist

3. Outbound Marketing

Outbound marketing is when you go out and bring sellers to you. This can involve advertising, direct mail, or a number of other marketing techniques. Marketing is such an important topic that we have dedicated an entire chapter, chapter 7, to it.

4. Loopnet.com

Loopnet.com is the web's largest marketplace for commercial properties. From small multifamily properties to apartment complexes, shopping malls, fast food restaurants, and more, Loopnet.com is the place to search for publicly listed commercial properties for sale.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.