• Chino, CA
Votes |
Company LLC / dba - Structure

David Carbajal
  • Developer
  • Chino, CA
Posted Mar 3 2015, 13:57

Hello,

I am a newbie here... I have been studying for a few months now, and am ready to form my LLC for my Land Investment company.

I have a few questions that I am hoping you can  help me with:

1.  I will be conducting most of my business in California.  However, there could be potential opportunities in other states.... 

a. Should I create my LLC in California? And if/when the expansion to other states comes around, file as a foreign LLC?

b. Should I consider forming the LLC in Delaware or Nevada?

i. "Many people choose to form an LLC in Delaware because of its history, experience, popularity and pro-business climate. Nevada has also gained popularity due to its pro-business environment and lack of a formal information-sharing agreement with the IRS. Nevada does not have corporate income taxes, and Delaware does not tax out-of-state income. Business filings in these states can usually be performed more quickly than in other states." --- From Legalzoom ---

2. I plan to run the buying "arm" (land acquisition) of my business under a dba.

a) the selling "arm" will be under the LLC I create. Would this require 2 separate bank accounts, or does one bank account (under the LLC ) suffice?

THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE!

Loading replies...