• Perry Hall, MD
Votes |
Knowing the numbers

Travon Allender
  • Homeowner
  • Perry Hall, MD
Posted Mar 7 2015, 05:48

Good morning

Has anyone come across any books, online material, etc that has been a help to understanding the numbers of real estate deals?

...Currently Im reading the BP Ultimate Beginners Guide.  So far a great read - motivational, vital info, and a must read.  A couple days ago I took a break from reading to put some quality time into writing (at least the first draft) my business plan (basically where I intentionally stopped, a couple days ago). 

Drafting my business plan has forced me to stop and take a look at myself (I haven't done this much even though I know its vital - get so consumed by life, sometimes I forget to smell the coffee so to speak). 

As result I wrote down a question, to myself, "Why don't I ask someone for money to finance my first deal?".  Besides the obvious (having no experience, haven't even finished reading the Ultimate Beginners Guide, and lack of confidence) - what am I mainly scared of?    First, fear is of failure to a point that I screw up my current bills etc etc and have to ask for help (Im relatively cool with this because Ive screwed up before and still lived).  Second, is that I don't know the numbers - when percents, creative financing strategies, and working a deal/the numbers (what numbers?) to convey making the investor and myself money, Im in left field.

Has anyone come across any books, online material, etc that has been a help to understanding the numbers of real estate deals? 

Loading replies...