• Real Estate Investor
  • Lebanon, OR
Votes |
What should my next step be?

Autumn Faulkner
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Lebanon, OR
Posted Mar 8 2015, 16:00

First I want to start out with an introduction on my real estate journey thus far...

I was in a dead end job living barely pay check to pay check when I received a flyer in the mail about real estate investing, I had received these in the past but never paid attention to them...why I bothered with this one I don't know, call it good timing on their part...with nothing to lose except a couple of hours and $10 worth of gas I decided to attend.  Long story short I have no background in Real estate, business, marketing, etc..I attended the 3 day seminar and was sucked into paying the $30,000 for the education.  I justified the payment with the fact that I'm going at this alone without a partner and have no idea how to run a business or how to invest in real estate so I would need the training and education that the program offers.  

Well 4 months later I am still where I was 4 months ago only now I'm $50,000 more in debt with no profit or deals to show for it.  I have a coaching service that has been provided to me but it appears that everyone on the advisory side is telling me one thing and everyone in the real world is saying another...

Did I make a HUGE mistake?  I have spoken with many people and everyone tells me I'm on the right track and I feel like I'm so close but yet so far.  

So my big question is how can I make money immediately using these resources that I've paid for??  I have used up my cushion fund because I did not think it would take this long to at the very least get a finder's fee...

Loading replies...