Best way to get our skin in the game

2 Replies

Hey everyone. My two friends and I are interested in getting into the real estate investing game. We were thinking about starting out with an investment savvy broker to track down a deal and then connect that deal with motivated buyers.

I would love some opinions on how to flip this deal to pull out a positive gain on our end. Any opinions. recommendations are welcome!

@Michael Schultz

Welcome to the site.

Remember, for a deal to come together everyone needs to ad value or they are not needed. I don't see much value added by anyone other than the seller of the good deal and the broker who found the seller.

James Wise, Real Estate Agent in OH (#2015001161)
216-661-6633

Hello,

It can be done.  You would write up a contract with the seller and buyer for a fee. Your fee can be negociated with whom your doing business with. 

If the seller of the property already has an agent, but you have a buyer looking for a deal, then you negotiate your fee with the agent, because you found a buyer. I have a friend that makes an offer on a deal with earnest money.  Once the offer is accepted he presents it to his buyer, and his fee is taking out from the contract that he wrote up between both parties.  He usually gets between $2,000 to $5,000 depending on the deal.  That is the typical fee in Southern Ca.

You would need to research your area.  

That is basically how it's done.  

Hope that was helpful.

Melissa

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you