Baltimore,MD (Fix/Flip and Buy/Hold)

5 Replies

Hello BP,

What are the best areas in Baltimore,MD to fix and flip? What are the best areas to buy and hold? ( duplex, triplex, quad, and apartment buildings)

Bump...... Any input? 

The areas where you hear the least amount of gunshots . 

I'm no expert but I feel like I have a better chance spotting Bigfoot walking around downtown Baltimore than I do of finding a multi-family properties in Baltimore. Of course they exist but it just seems that there are so few. 

@Account Closed   Best for What?  Best could mean easy to find deals but hard to sell them. It could mean hard to find deals but easy to sell them. It could mean an area with little competition.  Or some people want the HOT area, that means lots of competition.

Generally for fix and flip you want areas that sell for at least $125K Not much home buyer action below that. Rental areas depend on your goals. Some like lower end areas that have strong cash flow and margins. Some don't want that much hassle and prefer lower risk areas with lower cash flow.

For fix and flip try to stay in areas with at least 2-3+ comps nearby. There is no easy way to pick an area. I would say, if its one of your first deals, to try and pick somewhere 10-15 mins from your house or work. Managing the job is so much easier being close. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here