Brand New

2 Replies

I am a high school student interested in investing and real estate. Anything I can do at my age to get started?

Yes, plenty.  Great age for reading self development books: Rich Dad series, Millionaire Next Door, etc.  Learn proper saving habits and spending habits to help ease the process.  

Stay active on BP: read blogs, respond to post, ask questions

Network on BP and local REI meet ins.

Decide what aspect of real estate you want to tackle and start moving towards it.

Matt,

Do everything Shawn M. advised. The BP podcasts and the BP ultimate beginners guide are great ways to get an overview. There is nothing wrong with listening to ALL of the poscasts. 

On top of self development in REI, you should also devote time on motivation and successful habits.

Notable people and workings are: Earl Nightingale (20 minutes that can change your life), Les Brown (know your purpose), Napoleon Hill (Think and Grow Rich), Grant Cardone (10X), Eric Thomas (know your why), CT Fletcher (obsessed), Zig Ziglar, and on and on and on. And Tai Lopez and the 67 steps, or his podcast if you are broke. 

If you only had $20 dollars in your pocket and had not eaten in 2 days, I would advise you to buy and listen to Grant Cardone's audiobook "The Rule of 10X", instead of wasting your money on food.  The direction provided in that book will literally enable you to achieve anything you desire, assuming you live long enough. 

Also, unless you are a terrible audio learner, buy the audio version of 10X. Due to Grant Cardone, himself, narrating it, the audiobook is 10X more valuable. He is just that exuberant.

When you deserve what you want, you will have what you want.

Research REI, research business process, research those people, develop the same everyday habits that billionaires have, and there will not be anything out of your reach.

Hear me now, listen later.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.