New Member from Austin, Texas

4 Replies

Hello everyone.  I am just joining BiggerPockets and I am located in Austin, Texas.  I am very new to real estate investing, but after careful thought and planning with my wife, we are ready to dive in.  We are very interested in a Buy and Hold strategy.

I do have some basic construction skills, so I can spot things in homes we are looking to purchase and estimate how much it might cost to repair.  I also know a bit about project management, so if we decide to do a more major remodel on an investment, I can properly plan it out and keep it in check.

I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello to everyone.  

hey welcome to bigger pockets. You might wanna set up some keyword alerts, for say Austin or buy and hold. And check out the podcasts, I like to listen in the car.

Welcome! Buy and hold is good! I buy down in San Antonio. Love investing in TX. 

@John Frost

Welcome John. I suggest our participate in any of the many REI MeetUps here in Austin. They are free and you'll meet seasoned investors who will be glad to help answer questions. I have a MeetUp on the 4th Tuesday of each month at 7pm...message me if you're interested in meeting with a great group of investors.

Thank you everyone.  I appreciate the advise and invitations.  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.