Than Merrill Real Estate Seminar

7 Replies

Hello BP, hey has anyone ever went to the Than Merrill Real Estate free seminar? Ive signed up for this Saturday? Any thoughts???? Is it a waste of time? 

It is a sales seminar to lead you into purchasing more training from Than. These types of events are always good to go to if you know that up front. It's a good networking opportunity. 

Than is an outstanding speaker and knows what is is doing, so take good notes and maybe you will learn a thing or two. But be prepared for the sales pitch at the end, again as long as you know that going into it you will be fine.

I have purchased several courses by attending events like that.

I went to his free 2 hour seminar when I was first starting and all it was was a sales pitch to get me to sign up for the 2 day class to really learn how to do it. In the 2 day class the 2 day class they pitch you the more advanced course to really learn how to invest. In the end they teach you how to wholesale properties to grow capital to flip a home. I learned way more here on BP and it was all free.

I agree with @Christian Marin . If you are totally new it is good to go everywhere and learn as much as possible. Everything is always an up sale and them telling you about what they are going to teach you. 

Douglas -

I went to the free seminar, and was the first one to sign up for the $200 three day course. It was very informative. Take good notes like someone earlier said. On the 2nd day I was hit with the pitch for $15,000 to join. I didn't go back for the 3rd day.

But here was the benefit ... it was the first time I ever heard of Wholesaling, and I knew it was the way for me to get started.

So I decided to look online, bite the bullet, and pay maybe a couple of thousand to get a GURU course on Wholesaling.

I started looking and guess what I discovered ... BIGGER POCKETS ! Everything I wanted to know for FREE! The $200 I spent on Than Merrill was well worth it. But it is all here on BIGGER POCKETS. 

I agree with @Christian Marin and @Dashon Jones. I went to the 2 day seminar and paid to attend the 3 day advance seminar. Honestly, I learned more than what I knew about REI at the time. One thing that I took away from the 3 days was implementing "Power Hour" into my daily life. So, I make sure I set aside one hour a day to listen to something positive, read something positive and/or about real estate or finance; watch You Tube videos of motivational speakers (i,e., Eric Thomas, Bloomberg Game Changers, etc.) or sermons from TD Jakes.

Honestly, you may want to attend the FREE seminar to network like someone else said, but save the $200 you would pay to attend the 3 day advance seminar to invest in your REI business unless you want a salesman calling you even after the event is over with. But doing the event they will continue to tell you how they are very selective on who they choose to work with their mentors.

thank you everyone who responded to my post/question your advice is very helpful. Gonna attend to gain as much information as possible, thanks again

I went to one that changed my knowledge when I started it definitely helps if you are looking for face to face interaction. Do what's best for you they seminar and bp is great in the end. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you