Advice on finding a mentor

1 Reply

Hey there,

I'm Venkat, 23 year old IT consultant living in the Netherlands. I just invested in a rental property in Spain but am actively looking to grow my portfolio. While I'm sure I can do it slowly and surely, I really want to get creative and aggresively close deals. I honestly believe the best way to gain the knowledge, insight and confidence to do more deals and see opportunity where the average joe turn a blind eye is to work with a mentor.

I'm therefore actively looking for a mentor in Europe (incl. UK) or Asia. If I can find a mentor in the US willing to sponsor a visa, that would of course be ideal.

If you were in my position, how would you go about finding a mentor? Also, why is real estate the industry in which it's so paramount to have a mentor as opposed to any other?

Additional info: I have about €10,000 to invest, speak fluent English, Dutch and Hindi, will be quitting my job in about a month and amd geographically flexible. I'm ready to start right now!

All replies/ advice welcome. Thanks in advance guys! :)

I'm beginning to hate the word mentor but I'm a coach in REAL ESTATE INVESTING

My specialty tends to be wholesaling and seller financing, which includes lease options and subject to and wraparound mortgages on acquisition, and I love " less than $200,000 median markets " such as Ohio Pittsburgh Florida, etc

I like joint venture partnering and private lending with IRA funds

I look for students were more intermediate in experience and they understand the basics of REI but they want to "scale" their business, like the "Emyth Revisited"

I have 30 years experience in real estate investing

I charge 7000 for the year maximum 100 hours of my time

I have a conditional guarantee that if for any reason you do not gross $7000 with my training you get your $7000 back, but you have to do the work

I do like expired listings and terms deals quite a bit

@Venkat Iyengar

I have bought and sold and done create a finance in New Zealand but I have not been to the countries that you're referring to

You may want to find one location you want to try to learn and hire a broker that works with Sellers all day, do a joint venture and pay for the marketing and split the profits

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here