Advice on finding a mentor

1 Reply

Hey there,

I'm Venkat, 23 year old IT consultant living in the Netherlands. I just invested in a rental property in Spain but am actively looking to grow my portfolio. While I'm sure I can do it slowly and surely, I really want to get creative and aggresively close deals. I honestly believe the best way to gain the knowledge, insight and confidence to do more deals and see opportunity where the average joe turn a blind eye is to work with a mentor.

I'm therefore actively looking for a mentor in Europe (incl. UK) or Asia. If I can find a mentor in the US willing to sponsor a visa, that would of course be ideal.

If you were in my position, how would you go about finding a mentor? Also, why is real estate the industry in which it's so paramount to have a mentor as opposed to any other?

Additional info: I have about €10,000 to invest, speak fluent English, Dutch and Hindi, will be quitting my job in about a month and amd geographically flexible. I'm ready to start right now!

All replies/ advice welcome. Thanks in advance guys! :)

I'm beginning to hate the word mentor but I'm a coach in REAL ESTATE INVESTING

My specialty tends to be wholesaling and seller financing, which includes lease options and subject to and wraparound mortgages on acquisition, and I love " less than $200,000 median markets " such as Ohio Pittsburgh Florida, etc

I like joint venture partnering and private lending with IRA funds

I look for students were more intermediate in experience and they understand the basics of REI but they want to "scale" their business, like the "Emyth Revisited"

I have 30 years experience in real estate investing

I charge 7000 for the year maximum 100 hours of my time

I have a conditional guarantee that if for any reason you do not gross $7000 with my training you get your $7000 back, but you have to do the work

I do like expired listings and terms deals quite a bit

@Venkat Iyengar

I have bought and sold and done create a finance in New Zealand but I have not been to the countries that you're referring to

You may want to find one location you want to try to learn and hire a broker that works with Sellers all day, do a joint venture and pay for the marketing and split the profits

Medium banner reiskills 997   copyBrian Gibbons, REISkills | [email protected] | 818‑400‑3046 | http://MyREISkills.com

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you