Numbers like good but nervous as it's my 1st property .. just do it?

2 Replies

How long did it take you to get over your fears and doubts and just go for it?

Scenario:

$150000 for 6 1bed 1bath units (3 duplexes). Monthly rental income is $2400, w/ 50% rule NOI is 1200/mo, 20% down 15yr mortgage is $834/mo so cash flow is $366/mo, ROI is 15%, cap rate is 10%, 1-2% rule is 1.6%. To me this looks good. Planning to buy and hold. Area is decent, no deferred maintenance, have property manager, all units fully occupied.

I've got enough cash to do 3-5 deals like this. Does this look reasonable, or would the BP gurus suggest I instead look to put the whole sum in one larger complex?

Thanks in advance, you guys are the best :)

While you are stewing in those fears and doubts, opportunities may be passing you by. It's always much easier for me after I sign on the dotted line and plunk down the money. When that's over its all good. Then time to get busy with inspections, etc. Pull the trigger on one and you'll gradually be less nervous. I like your idea of starting w duplexes. 

Do it!  Sounds like a great deal and you will kick yourself later if you don't go for it!

@Crystal L.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.