My first deal

5 Replies

Hello my fellow BP members I am so EXCITED to announce that I was approved for my loan today!! I am going FHA and pursuing a 4 plex. I wanted to ask some basic questions, so I will be owner occupying 1 of the units and renting the other 3, but wanted to see if anyone else started this way and had any advice for me? Since I am a Realtor I get to put my 3% commission down towards the down payment and closing costs. I must say that I am pretty excited to begin my real estate investing, but feel nervous well. I have educated myself as much up to this point, but any insight would be much appreciated !

wow! Congratulations! very exciting.

I wonder if you play the "I'm just the manager, not the owner" card if you live there. Maybe someone will chime in on that aspect.

@Michael Delpier

I have been thinking the same I asked on another post, but most told me just state you are the owner

@Phillip Gonzales

Going that route you can basically get in with very little out of pocket costs. You can't beat that. I am happy for you! 

Congratulations!! That's really exciting! I hope to be doing the same within the next year

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here