Im all in baby!

6 Replies

Hey BP family, I officially enrolled in my real estate classes starting in May, just wanted to ask you guys what would have you done differently before you started and what would you recommend I focus my energy on the most to grow my pipeline and close deals! Any advice would be wonderful.

Sincerely Steven Betancurth from New Jersey!

Best advice I can give is read Gary Keller "Millionaire Real Estate Agent"  that will give the most accurate interpretation of what it takes in real estate being a realtor.  Not sure if you intend on using your license to be an investor as well but you may want to start networking with investor friendly realtors as well.

May sound simple but concentrate on finding sellers in a seller's market.......and buyers in a buyer's market. And read David Lindahl's 'Emerging Markets' so that you don't confuse the two!

Congrats on getting started, btw.

thanks for the advice guys, my initial motive to get my license was to become an investor, but i realized i really didn't need it, however i know it can benefit my real estate investing career and i want to make some commission as-well! i worked as a laborer most of my life so i want to switch things up a bit. thanks again for the advice 

I would have gotten a real estate license. I would have focused on being an investor. Being an agent was/is not my thing but may work for you. I would talk to the successful agents in your area and see what they do on a daily basis and see if that is something your can and want to do.

For me being an agent was a fantastic stepping stone to being an investor. You can earn good, but not great money in real estate as an agent.

HOWEVER the information, experience and connections are almost impossible to value. You can look at the success and methods of others and learn from their mistakes. As long as your eyes are open and you attempt to do a good job of learning as much as you can.

For me the big thing was working hard on prospecting effectively. The internet makes it easier to prospect by a good deal, but real estate still is a people business and learning to interact and deal with people is quite important.

Having a RE Lic is a great way to understand RE investing.  Access to inventory and tools will help to understand what  are important to investors. 

Much success,

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here