Votes
Brandon Shaw
  • Nashville, TN
Votes |
Beginner invester - Need feedback on my readiness for multi family property

Brandon Shaw
  • Nashville, TN
Posted Apr 21 2015, 22:19

I'm 23 and finished college last year. I have a steady entry level job earning $30k at the Tennessee State Capitol. I moved back in with my parents after graduating to save some money. I'm trying to figure out my options for moving into Nashville and purchasing my first home while at the same time beginning to invest. In time, I would hope to have multiple properties. 

Multi family properties (duplexes/triplex, etc.) have peaked my interest. It seems like a good gig for a single guy like me and could afford some cash flow and my living expenses covered. I want to be realistic, however, and not bite off more than I can chew. 

Advice on what I should know going in, and things that might indicate my readiness would be appreciated.

I have some savings. I'm also looking at HUB and Fannie Mae financing options for low/no down payment. Thoughts on that would be appreciated too.

One more thing: I have a sub contractor for a dad, and he's plenty handy and willing to help out with upkeep for my potential renters. 

Loading replies...