New Member Intro in Los Angeles, CA

6 Replies

Hello! I am beyond excited to have found this community and am happy to say that I have listened to 20 of the BP podcasts and love them.

My name is Jon, and I'm a 24 year old recent graduate from Occidental College and have held multiple analyst positions including online sales and marketing, finance and German language translations. I'm hoping to combine all of my experiences into a career in real estate investing, although I'm not sure whether full or part time is best for me currently.

Out of my current resources I currently have more time than money and am very interested in starting out as a bird dog or any other way I can be of service. I look forward to getting to know you all, and if anyone is in the Los Angeles area I would love to speak with you!

Best,

Jon

Welcome @Jon Reynolds.  Good that you start out early.  I wish I had that itching when i was younger.  But never too late :)

Hey Jon, welcome to the site!  With your enthusiasm I'm sure you will get a lot out of this community.

My advice would be to clarify your goals and start networking. Once you are laser-focused on where you want to be you can figure out how to get there, no different than driving somewhere new. Once you have that figured out you can tell everyone you know where you're trying to get. Ask people you know if they know anyone who can help you get there. Attend local REI meetings. Strike up relationships with folks here on BP. Don't expect things to simply fall into your lap--you've got to be willing to grind it out.

I wish I had your energy and opportunities, good luck!

-Vincent

REI meetings are excellent for networking. Most post on Meetup so check there for local groups in your area. Congrats on your new adventure!

Welcome to BP.  You have entered into the greatest real estate investing site on the net.  With the aid that you can get here, you can become a successful real estate investor.  Your age is a definitely a plus and you build up to a great income as a investor.  Most here has stumble at some stage of their career, but have had many more hits than misses.  You can earn as you learn.  Wishing the best of luck in your new career.

Thanks all! I am interested primarily in learning as much about the LA market as possible, so I'll be sending out messages to people who are more knowledgeable in their area than I am. This will probably be most everybody :)'

I have joined MeetUp and will be looking for REI groups, I'm guessing that there are only 1 or 2 large ones, otherwise let me know if there are any that you guys prefer!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.