how should i use a VA?

3 Replies

i dont have many incoming calls. i am able to handle all the calls that i get...

is it still worth getting one to cold call or something along those lines?

Maybe. It is easy to try and automate too early. So proceed with caution. I hate to say this because I have two differant friends who own VA companies and a promote them a lot to my students. The reality of the situation is that the VA is a cost. The VA is designed to free you up so you can make more money, but too often I see students of some guru get a VA before they are ready and the cost of that VA puts them out of the real estate game.

Get a VA when you have already made some money from your real estate.

The other factor here is that you NEED to know how to do everything that you VA is going to do, so that you can coach them up. Even the best VA companies out there can only train a VA to a certain point. They all need you as a mentor, to help them be an effecive VA. You cant do that unless you have actually done what they do. Does that make sense?

For example, most people have trouble getting mortgage info out of a seller. If you cant do it, and your VA cant do it, then you are stuck. So the short version of this is, dont rush into getting a VA until you are ready for a VA

To your success

Josh

@Josh Caldwell

yeah i was thinking the same thing Josh until i read this "80/20 rule" book and it made me want to get one. I agree though, i think i am going to hold off

anyone else have a different opinion?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.