Connecting REI and professionals?

6 Replies

Hey everyone!

I love finding ways to incorporate technology and best practices. I was taking a look at the best way to put together a future REI team (I know you don't need a team right away) and it seems to only be done through networking and referrals. Is there any apps or online resources that support this?

@Carlos Reyes

In my experience, it's been the old-fashioned 'keep relationships up' via constant communication and networking. Here are two things I use to help in that process:

MailChimp: For running a quarterly mailing list I send to other investors. A good chance for them to see what I am doing, and maybe partner.

Contactually: Amazing CRM for quantifying and forcing action on networking. Comes with a slightly higher price tag, but more than worth it.

Thanks @Trevor Ewen and @James Wise

Bigger pockets is great for connecting with other investors but what about local investor minded attorneys, realtors and contractors to vet and prep the team I will use in the future? I am speaking to whether or not there are other ways to connect with them outside of basic networking, meet and greet/referrals from other investors?

@Joshua Dorkin  is this a feature with a pro subscription? 

@Carlos Reyes - Like @Joshua Dorkin  says, you can do the search on BP, and then it can be very easy to VET them.  Read their posts and their replies!  See if they have any testimonials or references listed on their profile page!  As a last resort ask about local recommendations, and make sure you trigger keywords, like your closest major city and the type of team member you are looking for.   

Also set up your keywords to find out about local REIA's to attend! The conversation has come up a couple time about doing some sort of Angie's list, or BP-Vetting process (which I think you are trying to get at) but it's a tough thing, and not a current feature of BP.

Medium logo640x400Troy Fisher, Lanika Home Inspections | [email protected] | http://www.lanikahis.com

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you