Nnabuenyi Anigbogu
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
Raising Money

Nnabuenyi Anigbogu
  • Chicago, IL
Posted May 22 2015, 08:35

Morning everyone,

Wasnt sure what category this fits in so ill ask it here.

I am trying to figure out the best route to go to get money for my first fix and flip. I do not have a deal yet and im starting my marketing for off market deals and searching the MLS with my agent. I want to be ready once a deal comes knocking.

I am looking at several strategies

1. HML - Pretty straight forward and definitely the most expensive. could be 10-15% interest + points. However without a track record it might be harder to get them to loan to me.

2. HELOC - I just bought a 500K owner occupied 4 unit building that i put 20% down. I have seen some banks that allow you to do a 85%ltv to 100%ltv heloc. This will allow me to draw anywhere from 25K -100K. Interest is between 4.5% - 9.5% based on my research.

3. Personal loan. - I just heard about this from one of the podcasts. It is essentially a loan from a peer to peer lending site (best egg, lendingclub and so on). I can get approx 35K at 6%-10% (credit is excellent).

4. Partnership - This is ideal and im working on how to approach this since i have no fix-flip track record. However if i went this route i do have approx 15k in the bank to contribute so i would have skin in the game. 

Please let me know your opinions. 

Thanks

Loading replies...