Newbie!!!

6 Replies

Hello Everyone!

I currently live in Boise, ID working full time. And I'm very interested in buying my first property. I'm looking to get a small multifamily as my first property. Looking for investors and other people that are interested in Real Estate in the Boise area. Just wanted to introduce myself on here and start networking with like minded individuals. I'm going to be possibly moving to Arizona in a year or so I don't know if my best option would be to hold off on my first investment property?

Thanks,

Derek

@Derek Etzel Welcome from Boise! We have a REI club that meets on the 2nd Tuesday of every month that myself and @Jonna Weber help put together, The Boise Investor Group. We'd love to have you and it would be a great opportunity to network with other local investors. 

@Derek Etzel

Welcome to the BP community. You will find a lot of good information here. Make sure to view the BP blogs under "Learn."

@Derek Etzel

Welcome.

Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers (cash buyers).

Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses, The Book on Estimating ReHab Costs http://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

Consider checking out HUD homes for small multi's owner occupied gets first crack.

Download BP’s newest book here some good due diligence in Chapter 10. Real Estate Rewind Starting over

http://www.biggerpockets.com/files/user/brandonatbp/file/real-estate-rewind-a-biggerpockets-community-book

Good Luck

Paul

@Derek Etzel - welcome from Boise!  There is no time like the present, in my opinion.  Looking forward to meeting you in person soon.  As @Lisa Kohl indicated, our next Boise Investor Group gathering is June 11th. (it is actually always on Thursdays). We will be having a BP style meet up soon as well  Be sure to set up your key word alerts for Boise and Idaho on the site to stay in the know!  BTW,   I believe your backyard (Meridian) is a great place to start looking.   

Welcome Derek, I attended my first REIA meeting last month and was impressed. If you can make it to the next one I'm sure you will have questions answered. The people that attend are very helpful and experienced in the Boise market. Back to your question, I believe if you find the right people and get a great bargain on the property it'll be a good move.

Hi Derek, 

Welcome! You're in the right place (you can interpret that to mean Boise, Bigger Pockets or both :). Although screaming deals are more sparse these days, there's cash flow to be found with the minimum down payment. This makes real estate a worthwhile pursuit, even if you're only here for a year, in my humble opinion.

We'll briefly touch on "managing from afar" in our next Avid Investors meeting "Management Matters." Avid is an Idaho Real Estate Investor's club and you're welcome to attend as well, should you follow @Paul Timmins good advice. The next meeting is June 17th (held the 3rd Wednesday of the month). This is a new club -our first meeting in May, "The Investor Cycle," was a big success.

I'm curious if you would be owner-occupying as well?

Best of luck to you! 

StacyA

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.