New from Houston, Texas

8 Replies

Hello everyone, 

My name is Fazu and I am starting out in the real estate business here in Houston. I am interested in flipping as a starting point and spending some time trying to build a track record. A lot of you have emphasized how critical it is to have access to financing in order to reach your goals and it will only be possible by showing credibility to future investors. I have been reading your posts and articles on BP for some time now. I have never seen anything like this on the web and I appreciate all the information you all have posted. I only hope I can take what I learn from you and find success in this business. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on flipping/rehabbing in this area as I have never done it before. I would also be open to working with anyone who is already flipping in this area as I work toward my first flip. I look forward to networking with you! Thank you in advance and wish me luck!

Best,

Fazu M.

Welcome @Fazu M. you will find a place up on the top bar of this site that says network. I believe you will need a Pro membership to access specific zip codes but I used this to align myself with the right people. I had construction experience but no flipping experience as an investor. I would recommend to start small and work your way up. Like get your feet wet by working for an investor. There are people who just tried to get a job working for investors doing anything they could to just have a chance to learn this business. 

It is amazing what you can accomplish once you put your mind to it. Just do not give up and always push forward to meet your goals. That means you need to have a goal in the first place and then go for it. You can do it if I can. I was a total wreck of a person who is physically disabled but I am finding a way but using what skills I do have. Watch what happens when you realize that dreams do come true! You can do this!

Stephen Barton, Solid Rock Houses | [email protected] | 317‑694‑4774 | http://www.homesaleindy.com/stephen/ | IN Agent # RB14052302

@Fazu M.

BP is full of useful resources such as forums and blogs. Welcome to the Bigger Pockets community-be sure to check out all the awesome BP blogs under “Learn.”

Medium mysolo 401k logoMark Nolan, My Solo 401k Financial | [email protected] | 800‑489‑7571 | https://www.mysolo401k.net/

@Fazu M. You are definitely on the right place. I suggest you be very active on here, use the learning resources, and network. There are also meetups in Houston, so be sure to set keyword alerts to stay in the loop. I'm new to investing and for a little over a month I've been learning, networking, and forming a plan of action. I'd say I was on for about three weeks before adding a picture. I just had to get on a desktop to add one. (Don't use it much these days) @Brandon Turner really encourages you to add at least a picture. I totally understand why, as it really makes a difference when you have a face to familiarize yourself with. I'm sure you will meet a lot of people that share your interests! 

@Fazu M.

BP is full of useful resources such as forums and blogs. Welcome to the Bigger Pockets community-be sure to check out all the awesome BP blogs under “Learn.”

Medium mysolo 401k logoMark Nolan, My Solo 401k Financial | [email protected] | 800‑489‑7571 | https://www.mysolo401k.net/

@Fazu M.

Welcome to BP.I am in Houston as well and working on flipping and rental portfolio.

This is a very good place to lead and meet other people.let me know if I can be any type of help.

Good luck

Hey @Fazu M. welcome to BP! If you have not already done so read the Ultimate Beginners Guide to REI put out by BP. It looks like you have already found your niche, which is great! I encourage you to listen to all of the BP and #AskBP podcasts. There is certainly a whole lot of content that is covered related to rehabbing and flipping. Best of luck to you!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you