Sent out my first Mailing campaing

2 Replies

Hello Everyone,

So I sent out my 1st hand written letters this past weekend to some tax lean, and others where properties that I wrote down while I was doing the Driving for Dollars.

So I have an issue I have received a few calls to my google voice phone number that was on the letters. But the problem is that I have a full time Job that they don't allow too many calls. So I set up a greeting explaining a bit about the business but no one has left a message? I am not sure if my message explains the business well or they are simply not motivated caller? 

I'm worried that my pre-recorded (screening) message might be deterring potential sellers away?

My message says something like this

"You have reached Jose, If you are calling in regards to the letter I sent you... this is what we offer: *Buy all cash, *Close at your convenience, & buy as-is. if you would like for us to call you back please leave a message with your name, address, asking price, and reason why you want to sell...ETC..." 

What do you guys think about this?

Should I not be screening callers like this or should I simply pick up the phone and go outside and hope not to get in trouble at work?

Thank you in advance.

@Jose Tamayo Jr

No need to reply as soon as the call is received.

What you want is a means to capture the number and if possible, the name of the person who called. It is normal business practice to call within 24-48 hours of the inquiry, so no worries. Most folks call for additional information, or out of curiosity.

Utilize an answering service, such as COA Network, if it is feasible. There is a minimal monthly fee, but your subscription provides much more than a number. If you have a home office number/land line, have all calls forwarded there during your work hours.....after work, just discontinue forwarding. You could also utilize the number of a very close friend or family member for forwarded calls, until you get a better system worked out for you.

As far as your answering message box, you can introduce yourself, then ask for call back information to see what the response will be. Play with your messaging, until the volume picks up for you. Leave out the details for now, because you have peaked the callers interest before they have spoken to you.

I hope this is helpful in some way!

Anthony Davis

@Anthony Davis thank you for you inquiry, I have changed the previous recorded message to google voice default for now. But I will soon change it to introduce my self and for callers to leave a voicemail with details.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here