Software for corporate minutes

3 Replies

Hello friends, 

I have formed an S-corp to do wholesale deals and rehabs/flips in. With that, I understand I will need to keep corporate minutes to remain compliant.

Can you suggest any software that can help with this task? Writing, organizing corporate minutes etc..

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Anyone have any additional choices they know? I definitely would like to shop around for the best solution.

Software is simply any word processing program like Office Pro, just search for "Robert's Rules".

You can go to most any agency (federal or state) and see the minutes of meetings, I look at the MO. RE Commission website and they have theirs posted.

It is only a format, entity name, heading is Minutes of Meeting, meeting date, address, who attended, old business, new business, proposals and the disposition, proposals voted on passed or failed or were tabled.  Closure of the meeting. It's simply a record of the meeting.

You also need to read state statues as to corporate requirements of meetings. When, where, how notice is given to officers and directors, quorum requirements. Good to know but pretty simple for one stockholder, your minutes may reflect "that state requirements having been met, the meeting of xxxxx was opened at 3:00 CST, on the 3rd of June, 2015."

If you have several folks involved as voting directors, if your meeting is not in compliance with proper notice, anything passed during that meeting may not be valid. 

Meetings must be held annually, but can be scheduled at any regular time. When you have a transaction, that will, most likely, be a Special Meeting that is called. 

Study Robert's Rules of calling and holding meetings. No software needed. :)  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here