• Investor
  • Houston , TX
Votes |
Taking that first step!

William Brooks
  • Investor
  • Houston , TX
Posted Jun 2 2015, 07:37

For the past 2 years I have been growing my knowledge on real estate investing through BiggerPockets forums, books, and articles. In addition, for almost a year I have been working as a residential construction manager which has significantly stretched my knowledge on dealing with contractors, scheduling projects, managing job sites, and learning every step there is in new construction. 2 years ago (when I was 21) I made the decision that I wanted to develop a future in real estate, and every step since then has been building towards that goal. Now I am 23, I got a degree in Construction management and business, and I believe I am ready to dive into the crazy, exciting world of real estate investing! 

Now, I have Saved close to $10,000 while working these past 5 months, but now I feel I have developed analysis paralysis. The niche I believe is best suited towards my goals is fix and flip (most likely with a equity partner) while acquiring rental units for long term financial independence. My goal is by the time I am 30, I hope to have 50 rental units with a passive income over $300-400 a month, and by 26 (3 more years) have developed an investment team that is flipping or investing in 15-20 properties annually. 

My question for you all is: If you were in my shoes, what would be the first step you would take going from analysis paralysis to jumping into that first deal? I know what I want for my financial future and I have a path I believe will help get me there, I am just having trouble finding the courage to take that first leap. I hope to find an equity partner and have my first renovated/flipped property done by the end of the year. 

Thanks in advance for your feedback! 

Loading replies...