New to Investing, any advise helps.

3 Replies

Hey everyone, I'm young and in the military. I'm just looking to invest in real estate soon and I could use all the do's and don'ts if you guys have any! Thanks in advance!

Read the forum here as a daily routine. Ask a lot of questions, nothing wrong in asking questions here on BP. Read the blogs. Listen to the podcasts, read the RE books recommended by others here on BP. See where you're station at if there's RE Meetup in the local town. You'll be able to talk to other RE investors at the Meet ups.

Don't rush into RE investing. There's a lot to learn before that first deal. 

Good Luck

@James Balser You have came to the perfect place to learn. There are a ton of ways that you can get into REI and BP will help you learn where you'd like focus on. Real Estate is very diverse and has a lot of ways that one can achieve Financial Independence. I would suggest to start listening to to BP Podcast, the #askBP, Read the Absolute Beginners Guide by

@Brandon Turner , learn from the Blog, there are weekly Webinars may I say FREEE! thanks to BP. 

I am still in the learning phase of my career and will be here for at least two years as I have money I would like to save some cash for a down payment for #househack. 

Being in the military, you could qualify for a VA loan which would allow you to finance a property with no downpayment. This could be very beneficial once you are ready to start investing in Real Estate. I would do some homework and research on that subject and also on out-of-state investing if you are looking purchase a property where you don't currently live.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you