Short sales

15 Replies

I want to learn how to do short sales. Are there any good books or classes i can take. I looking to get recommedations. thanks

I highly recommend you start your research here. You can use the Search function at the top center of the web page, or can read back posts on the

Short Sales Forum

I have also found the

REO Forum

will also have short sale info mixed in.

BTW, before you hit the Submit button, get in the habit of trying Preview first to make sure the bold and such turned out the way you wanted it. While previewing, you can drop down to just below it and edit your post and preview again before submitting. Sometimes I do it a bunch of times until I get my post just as I think it should be.

Oh yeah....

Also, there are always a lot of similar questions posted in the General Real Estate Forum

Many have already replied with their favorite books. Some hot discussions are going on now, and there are plenty of back posts.

Pamela, you have a cute kid! One thing about short sales is that you can probably learn as much about it by reading these forums as in any book. There are so many details and processes to learn that come with experience, that you may have to dive in to an actual short sale to really learn how to do it. I took a class offered locally on foreclosures, which taught the foreclosure process as it related to the specific laws in Minnesota, and then how the short sale process meshed with the foreclosure process. That was very informative, and as you know the foreclosure laws vary from state to state. Not that you have to be in forclosure to be eligible for a short sale, that just seems to be where alot of them come from these days. In the short sale forum, one of the investors attached alot of good forms that you can adapt to your state. If you can, join a real estate invesment club in your area and ask around at the meetings about short sale courses you can take through the club, and get to know investors who specialize in doing short sales. Good luck, Mike

Thank You Mike for all the information. My daughter said thank you too. she can't talk yet but she said thank you in her baby words

Thanks,
I have two daughters, 15 and 23. It seems like only yesterday they were learning to talk. Time does fly!
Be sure to post any questions you may have as they come up, and alot of the people here will help if they can, to get you feeling comfortable with the process. Good luck, Mike

I'll do that Thanks :D

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here