Starting out

6 Replies

Hi! I'm looking for some feedback on where to start. As a first time rehabber and investor I have 5k saved up to start out. What's my first move to my first flip thanks ahead for your suggestions.

5K Isn't going to cut it unless you have a private money lender. I would recommend looking for a mentor who you can help out with their flips in return for an education of the process. If you don't own a home yet, I would suggest house hacking first. Or try driving for dollar to wholesale while you continue to save up more money.

@Damiern White Sr.

I'd recommend teaming up with other investors! Begin networking, building relationships, & you'll be well on your way!

[email protected]@ColinSmith! Wholesaling is pretty rough where I'm from New Orleans ppl here just don't get it. And or have crabs in a barrel syndrome in the brain. I do own a home and I'm now looking to join my local Reia but thanks for your responds. 

GM @Damiern White Sr

I am a Real Estate Broker/Investor in the New Orleans area. The real estate landscape has changed in NOLA drastically over the past six months. I would suggest driving through your target neighborhood and taking down the address of the worse house on the block, contact the owner and negotiate a price with enough room for you to secure your expected wholesale fee.

In regards to wholesaling and agents, La House Bill 611 made net listings illegal for agents. Please contact me if you have any questions and/or comments.

@Damiern White Sr.

Consider sending messages to other members which is my favorite part of the website.

@RonCollins thanks for your responds I'll be contacting you. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.