How to get started as a college student?

5 Replies

I'm currently a college student working on my computer science master's degree. I also work part-time (10-20 hours a week) during school. I would love to get start investing in real estate before I graduate (1.5 more years) but I'm starting to think it would be smarter to finish school first since I won't have an abundance of free time. However, I would still like to make some progress while in school besides reading books and listening to podcasts. Does anyone have any suggestions for what I can do now that will help me significantly in the future? 

Make time : ).

Haha, but seriously what I would do is learn off YouTube even if it's for a short amount of time each day. Flipthiswholesaler(If you want to wholesale houses) on YouTube is a good starting point. You'll start to see what you will need to do and be more efficient at it instead of sitting in networking events which you look like you don't have time for.

Good Luck

@Account Closed

I'd love to make more time haha. I haven't really considered wholesaling before but I'll check it out! Thanks for the response ( :

if you have some money laying around and you're going to be renting for the next year maybe look into buying a multi  family to live in and get the experience as a landlord and see if you like it. 

If you do, keep the property when you move on and rent it out. If not sell it and make back the money you would have lost on rent!

Personally, I would look into FHA options with multi family. The great thing with FHA is a very minimal down payment! Good luck! @Kevin Tom

I would look into wholesaling if you don't have any capital or perhaps become an agent and start to get familiar with the business while making decent commissions. Good luck with your future!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here