• Real Estate Agent
  • Mechanicsburg, PA
Votes |
Stainless Steel or White appliances....Rental

Christian Bors
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Mechanicsburg, PA
Posted Jul 6 2015, 08:18

This may be a stupid question, but here it goes. I bought a SFR rental that needed a ton of work. We gutted the bathroom and kitchen. So the house has new tile bathroom, new vanity, toliet, tiled shower, new kitchen cabinets, flooring, new laminate throughout and we even put a slab of granite for the counter top. Since I did all the work myself, I really haven't spent that much. I've spent about 10k total on the entire house.

We are now getting to the end and I have to make a decision to what type of appliances I should go with. Now the place is a rental, however since its such a nice house I was thinking about doing stainless steel. The area of the property I would consider C+/B-....The rent will be 1100-1200 and for my area thats defintiely on the higher side. So now I have to make a decision, white or stainless? Black does not go with the color scheme. I can buy used white appliances for rough 320 (Frig and stove) or stainless for about 800. What should I do?

Also, this is my first BRRRR. I am very excited to see what the appraisal will come in at. Hopefully I will know in a couple of weeks.

Loading replies...