finding private money

3 Replies

Hello, 

I been studying real estate investing for a few months, I'm also a former realtor. Finding properties are very simple for me. My business plan is very detailed and well thought out, I feel like I'm ready to make my 1st investment. Unfortunately I been asking family, friends for cash to fund my 1st deal and they either don't have the cash or want to wait until I do a couple deals etc..... My strategy is going to start with flipping properties using hard money lenders for financeing. But I need some skin in the game as they call it. What are some places/ways to find private money to start my real estate investment business ?

If you're finding good properties, I wouldn't think you would have too much trouble finding and experienced partner.  You bring the property, they bring the cash and experience.  Win-Win!  

James I will definitely upgrade my membership I barely became a member today. Jim I understand going 50/50 on deals I put the effort, time into the deal and they come with cash but where do I find these cash investor's at? Is there an online source I can find them at ? Or is going out networking the only way ? 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here