Contractors

4 Replies

Hey there, my wife and I are wondering how to find a good contractor in Omaha NE.

@Nicholas Sutton This is a question almost every investor in every city wants an answer too, I know I did when starting out. After being burned by a couple, what worked for me was finding some local real estate investing clubs (REIA) and start attending their meetings, talking to people, get involved and network. You will find out who the big guys are using and get great referrals that way. Google investment clubs in your area or get on meetup.com and check there as well.

Hope that helps!

Travis

Hey Travis Boyer! Thanks for the response. I'm getting the same information on contractors from most of my other sources as well. My husband and I plan on attending some REIA meetings in the future to learn more about this and other subjects pertaining to REI. We already joined REIA's meetup.com group. I believe their FB is down for now. Thanks for the advice.

Yes, Word of mouth is the best advertising for contractors. Talk to people who have dealt with contractors in your area and they will generally be happy to tell you about their experiences with contractors good and bad. 

What a contractor does and how well the perform their work for you, stay within your established budgets and schedule will affect you emotionally and financially so they are very very important in your life. You really want to make as sure as you can you are dealing with someone reputable that you can trust otherwise you are leaving yourself open to suffer. 

You could use HomeAdvisor.com. You answer some questions about what you need and they'll send that information to 3 contractors. You meet with them and pick whichever you like best. They also have reviews on their sites from other people that have hired them. Yes! those reviews are real because they cannot be altered in any way by the contractors, only HomeAdvisor can delete them. 

I'm a contractors on HomeAdvisor in Virginia, that's how I know this.

Worth

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.