Round Rock, Austin Property Manager(s)

8 Replies

Hi,

I am a first time investor and in process of closing a house in Round Rock area. I am looking to hire a property manager for ongoing management. I have had some referrals in the past but didn't like them for following reasons:

1. Asked for %of rent even if property was vacant

2. Was managing 100+ properties / employee (seems unreasonable)

3. In the 3 times I wrote an agent - I always got out of office reply 

4. Asked for a fee for each work done to property (including a markup on any maintenance required).

Looking for recommendations from investors who are out-of-state and have had good experience with a property manager in Round Rock (or neighborhood) areas (I live in CA - SFBayArea).

Many thanks for any help.

I don't have local advice, but 100 units per 1 office person/1 maintenance person is decent Some places charge flat fee or percentage. With round rock growing a fee at all times might be industry Not sure how much they are charging for work to be done. Generally a markup for time and material are done to cover these type of fees. Maybe it's a construction management charge per job?

Harold McGee has a local property management company.  We're getting rid of our old management company and moving our units there.  I'm happy to make an introduction if you need one.  

Unfortunately property managers think the rental business you have is supporting THEIR business and not yours.  I think you'll be mostly disappointed with all management companies.  The alternative is to manage them yourself though, which may be a huge pain if you don't have the time or the proximity to manage them.  

Hi Abishek,

I am also from the bay area and I am going through the exact same process for a property in Pflugerville.

Keep me posted if you note anyone worthy.

I am thinking of trying to find a Plumber, electrician and handyman try to manage the property myself.

Let me know if you want we can meet for a coffee and discuss (I am in SJ).

In any case, make sure you have an option to get out of the contract with the property manager.

Good Luck!

Erez

@Erez Raveh

I am using Craig Hecht at HRG.  We have only used them for a couple of months but so far so good.  You might want to give them a call when interviewing various PM's.

Originally posted by @David Ferrette :

@Erez Raveh

I am using Craig Hecht at HRG.  We have only used them for a couple of months but so far so good.  You might want to give them a call when interviewing various PM's.

Hey there! 

Would you happen to have the contact info for Craig at HRG?

Looking to purchase SF rentals in the Round Rock area in the near future. Trying to find connections out there as I am based out of Southern California.

Thanks!

Originally posted by @Brandon Gedalje :
Originally posted by @David Ferrette:

@Erez Raveh

Hey there! 

Would you happen to have the contact info for Craig at HRG?

Looking to purchase SF rentals in the Round Rock area in the near future. Trying to find connections out there as I am based out of Southern California.

Thanks!

http://www.hrgaustin.com/property-management/

I have a few properties in Round Rock and surrounding areas. I have a GC (Renovations and More) and a realtor (Heather Smith, Keller-Williams) that I'm pretty happy. I have tried a couple of portfolio lenders and have had the best luck with R Bank. Shoot me a message if you need contact info on any of them.

Also, if you want any help looking at a property--I've done that for people who are at a distance who want an objective set of "investors eyes" on the property. I manage my own properties, so I can't really give a recommendation on that, but let me know if I can help you out.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Get the Ultimate Beginner's Guide